The official logo and pin of the Glooscap Curling Club is distinctly emblematic of that part of Nova Scotia in which the Glooscap Club is situated.
The design of the emblem and coat was developed by F. J. Burns and committee, members of the Glooscap Curling Club in 1933. The original drawing was made by Mrs. F. S. Lockyer, Kentville, and the dye for the first pin was made at the Roral Mint, Ottawa. The pins were supplied through G.R. Palmeter, local jeweler and member of the Glooscap Club. The pin was approved and accepted at the annual meeting of the Glooscap Curling Club in 1933.
The physical characters of the pin are: In the foreground, the waters of Minas Basin; to the left, the buttress of Blomidon; in the background, the figure of Glooscap, his left shoulder forming what is known as the Parrsboro Shore. The balance of the design is apropos to curling.
(from "The History of Glooscap Curling Club: 1930 - 1972" compiled by Dick Margeson)